SPOTIFY EDITORIAL PLAYLISTS:
Great News for Independent Labels and Artists!
Spotify has just announced the launch of a new feature allowing artists and labels to easily submit their unreleased music for playlist consideration and that, directly to the editorial team.
Here are the few conditions required to submit your new music:
– You must have a Spotify for Artists and get access to your Spotify Analytics account.
– Your track must be new and unreleased (no back catalogue) and delivered to Spotify. Meaning that you will still need to go through your digital distributor.
– The submission process must be completed at least 7 days before the release date (ideally 3 weeks before the release date).
– Note that only one track from a release can be submitted at a time. So, make sure you select your best track in order to get the most chances of being selected. Once you release is out and you have a new release coming soon, you will be then allowed to submit another unreleased track.
Good to know:
– Once submitted, you track will automatically be added to your followers’ Release Radar playlist on Friday, unless they have listened to it earlier in the week. This is also a good way to control which single you want to promote to your fans.
– You are only able to submit on your desktop, the mobile version of Spotify for Artists does not support this feature.
– As the editorial team says: “It’s important to give us as much information about the track as possible — genre, mood, and other data points all help us make decisions about where it may fit. You can note the instruments on it, whether it’s a cover, and the cultures you or the song belong to. The data you share will be complemented by what we already know about you — what else your fans listen to, what other playlists you’ve appeared on, etc”
Check here the full process with DLJ and his new single “The Long Night”:
And remember, There are plenty of other opportunities for your music to appear on curators’ playlists!
Here’s 10 Spotify curators’ playlist you can submit your music to, for free.
Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you never miss our blog posts!
How did a 15-year old German rapper end up releasing on US rapper Future’s Spotify playlist? Learn why and find out how you can ensure your release is always on the right artist page.
In this post, we’ll walk you through setting up your Apple Music for Artists profile and take a look at some of its key features.
We’ll share three tested release strategies our Artist & Label Relations Managers use to successfully release new music in today’s market.
Our Four Recommended Digital Audio Workstations for Beginners by Brandon Miller “It is best to use a simple and easy to manage DAW to learn and develop one’s skills before…